RegisterLog In

Termination - Contract for Service

JR
Tue, 07 Feb 2017 08:47:58 AM  (Last updated: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 02:41:27 PM)

Hi,

I would like to enquire about the terms and conditions of an example of contract for service. In the contract, it has stated that resignation/termination notice shall be one month's notice or one month's salary payment in-lieu. This employee is hired based on the job availability that is on-site.

However, the one-year contract ends in June 2017 but I intend to terminate immediately due to habitual misconduct (all recorded) and the job is now taken over by sub-contractors.

Question is, am I able to terminate this employee by paying one month's salary in lieu or should I wait until his/her contract ends and choose not to renew?

Please advice. Thank you for your kind attention.

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 07 Feb 2017 03:07:26 PM

I think it would be better for you to consult a lawyer about the termination of the one year contract whether you are liable to pay for the remaining period of the notice. Show the contract to the lawyer for his legal opinion.

Syazwan
Wed, 08 Feb 2017 02:41:27 PM

My opinion is if the worker has violated the rules and agreements,it is no issue for company to terminate as long as company follow the termination normal procedure

This topic is closed