RegisterLog In

Leaving Early (Staff Contract)

kalikali
Thu, 26 Jan 2017 05:44:44 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 09:43:12 AM)

Hi, 

I work as Store Assistance for 2 weeks contract and they will pay me on daily basis (RM 100) after complete my contract. After completed 1 week, I got new job and need to report to work as soon as possible. I inform my HR at my current workplace and she inform me that my salary will be paid half of work which is RM 350 instead of RM 700. Just for your information and the term not available in my contract. Is it the right thing they do to me? 

Please advice

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 27 Jan 2017 03:02:25 PM

What you can do is to go and make a complaint at the Labour Department and let them look into the matter.

welschster
Tue, 07 Feb 2017 09:43:11 AM

I am working at an international school. My contract ends on the 31st of July 2017. I want to leave within this month if possible. When I signed my contract it said that if I leave before the contract ends I am required to pay the school 3 months of salary before I am able to leave the school. I highly doubt this is legal and I am wondering if they can enforce me to pay three months of my salary to them in order for me to resign early.

As yours is a Fixed Term Contract you are
not permitted to bring it to a
premature end by resigning or terminating your Contract prematurely. The penalty for premature
termination will be up to 3 months gross salary depending upon the circumstances relating to the employee’s
decision to terminate.

-That is a direct statement from my work contract.

This topic is closed