RegisterLog In

salary deduction and public holiday fall on sunday

doubtless5809
Thu, 26 Jan 2017 01:02:31 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 03:37:39 PM)

I work as sales advisor in sdn bhd comp and they pay basic salary rm900 and other allowance base on my sale. I have 2 question regarding this comp regulation.

1. they applying salary deduction rm50 per day if any staff come to work late more than 15 minute. Theres staff hve been deducted their salary until Rm 200 left. Me myself only get RM 150++ after deduction more than RM 600. I think this not fair to us which our lateness never exceed 30min.

2. This 2017 new year fall on Sunday so many of my colleagues didnt come to work on monday next day. We've been used to carry forward the public holiday if it falls on Sunday. But when we came on tuesday, we being force to sign an unpaid leave for Monday that we thought carry forward. So we forced by admin to sign and fill the form for unpaid leave. Is this the right practice?

Or is there anything else we can do?

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 26 Jan 2017 03:37:38 PM

This sort of deduction could be unlawful under the Employment Act. You should make complaint to the Labour Department if you are faced with such problem of salary deductions.

This topic is closed