RegisterLog In

Annual Increment & Bonus

Janet Wong
Sat, 07 Jan 2017 12:55:47 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 01:32:32 PM)

Dear Sir,

Refer to our Labour Law if there got any law got mentioned about annual increment and bonus for the year end.

Our company said their rules for annual increment is fall on the month of June yearly and for the bonus depend on when CNY fall on which month.

Please advise.

Regards,

Janet Wong  

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 07 Jan 2017 07:03:07 PM

Increment of salary and payment of bonus are some things that are given at the discretion of the company. There is no law for such types of payment.

Janet Wong
Tue, 10 Jan 2017 09:38:51 AM

Dear KL Siew,

I got refer to the British law inside got state all company need to pay the employee for 13 month of salary for year end and 1 month of bonus.

Bonus employer need to paid out on month of Dec yearly and increment month of Jan yearly, so my question is as below;

A) In the history of this British law state our Malaysia need to follow these British since our country independence in 1957.

B) Also for the court case mostly lawyer need to refer to the British law to for their case because in Malaysia is legally.

C) Other country like Singapore and Hong Kong also got follow these law since they independence. 

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Janet Wong

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 10 Jan 2017 11:55:42 AM

I don't think you are correct there. As far as I know, we , as well as Hong Kong and Singapore, are not bound by British laws, be it common law or their statue laws.

Janet Wong
Tue, 10 Jan 2017 12:36:39 PM

Dear KL Siew,

You right is call common law, as I known got some company in Malaysia also follow the common law to paid the employee.

So which one is exactly correct and our employer need to refer to common law or labour law?

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Janet Wong

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 10 Jan 2017 01:32:32 PM

Why not you give a call to the Labour Department and talk to the officer there and get official advice.

This topic is closed