RegisterLog In

Enquiry on Employee's Right to Claim on Increment and Bonus

Orlandor Kin
Fri, 30 Dec 2016 07:58:31 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 08:24:16 AM)

I am working with a foreign bank in Malaysia and recently just resigned and effective last day of notice is on 27 Dec 2016.

I have giving my ex bank two months notice and working till 23 Dec 2016 as instructed by bank's HRD however i cant taking any new job till 27 Dec 2016.

I have demand my 2016 increment as well as bonus as I am notified by my branch manager verbally during my working period that I am entitled for the increment.

I have been informed by my ex colleague that 28 Dec 2016 they had received their increment. However, after checking with my ex boss and he claimed that HRD in Hong Kong not approved my increment and bonus.

The bank has purposely delay the increment and bonus till late end of year and has many years doing the same. Upon my full year employment, I think I am entitled for the said increment and bonuses as the payment is basically based on my full year performance and employment in year 2015. The money normally paid in the coming early year which is 2016 but this bank push till end of year for the payment.

Since i am full year employment in 2015 and till 27 Dec 2016. They claim that I am not entitled for it. Frankly speaking i notice that the bank is using such tactics for many staffs whom resigned from the bank.

As such, I am writing to your help to claim back the money which i think i am deem fit and my right as an employee who work diligently for the bank. Others than that is to give a fair treatment towards the staffs of the bank so that the bank would not use such tactics to squeeze its employees.

I am looking forwards for your reply as under Malaysia Labour Law and Employment Act whether I can claim back the increment as well as bonus? Am I cover under any labour law or employment act or industrial relations act in Malaysia?

Sat, 31 Dec 2016 08:24:15 AM

Unless the increment & bonus is contractual, it is entirely up to the Company to decide whether to give or not to give you.

  This topic is closed