RegisterLog In

Leave entitlement

Pari
Tue, 20 Dec 2016 09:39:51 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 07:30:02 AM)
Hi, i have a question regarding leave. Is there any law tells a staff can't take leave for holiday just because she have just gone for knee operation in mid sept. Employer rejecting the leave because they afraid once she back from holiday she will take mc. She planned for holiday in early feb.She also a loyal staff working for 30years. All holiday expenses paid and fyi she told her manager verbally before book ticket and her manager agree at first but not now. I'm asking on behalf of my aunt.
KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 21 Dec 2016 05:55:40 PM

Your aunt herself has to sort all those matters out with the management.

Pari
Wed, 21 Dec 2016 08:43:28 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Wed, 21 Dec 2016 05:55:40 PM

Your aunt herself has to sort all those matters out with the management.

She tried but still same. I just getting advice here because she don't understand all can't speak well. Any other advice is she can take UPL.
KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 22 Dec 2016 07:30:01 AM

It could be that the management was worried about her getting injured during holiday so soon after knee operation. In fact, you should also advise her to think twice about going for holiday so soon after knee operation. Or you can ask her doctor whether it is safe for her to do that. Anyway, if you want, you can bring your aunt to the Labour Department and discuss her problems with the officer there.

This topic is closed