RegisterLog In

My employer have found someone to replace me when I've not tendered my resignation letter.

Joanne Cheng
Fri, 09 Dec 2016 06:19:45 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 09 Dec 2016 07:35:11 PM)

Hi,

I've recently expressed my intention to move on to another industry to my employer but no official resignation letter was submitted yet. Yesterday I was informed by my employer that they have found someone to replace me and that person is coming in on Thursday and I am asked to tender my resignation letter. I am wondering if this is the right way and just submit my letter nonetheless or shall I not submit my letter? Should I ask for my employer to pay me my month's pay in lieu as stated in the appointment letter? Aside from that, the replacement staff should be replacing my other colleague who will only be with the company until end January'17 instead of me as I've not officially resign yet.

Please advise and thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 09 Dec 2016 07:35:11 PM

You should not submit your resignation without proper consultation. I would suggest that you go to the Labour Department about your case. You need to provide information about your salary, the length of service with the company and so on.

This topic is closed