RegisterLog In

Boss Is Not Replying To Annual Leave Request

Expat2016
Wed, 07 Dec 2016 02:46:01 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 08 Dec 2016 12:49:19 PM)

I applied for a leave 2 months early before the actual date of leave but my boss is not replying to my annual leave request. I keep on sending him emails every other week to follow-up on my leave request but he is still not reply. I sent another email 1.5 weeks before the actual date but he is still not reply.

So, if my boss does not approve nor disapprove my annual leave request, what should I do? Does this mean that I can go on with my leave?

My requested leave has a duration of 2 weeks. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 07 Dec 2016 06:03:57 PM

Go to see him in person to find out about your leave application or speak to him over the phone. Don't rely on emails. Don't you have a HR department that deals with staff matters?

Expat2016
Thu, 08 Dec 2016 11:37:19 AM

The problems are, I don't have an office phone, my boss is in a different place far away from here, and I'm a contractual expat employee. Which means that I don't know which HR should I inform.. Another problem is, since I'm just a contractual expat employee, then informing the issue to the HR might get my boss upset to me. This will greatly impact my job security to the company. They might do things that will force me to resign, such as psychological pressure, etc. They can easily get a replacement since there are lots of applicants from different countries out there.

I tried to message him using WhatsApp and Skype/Lync but he just "seen" it. No reply.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 08 Dec 2016 12:49:18 PM

Then I am not sure about your position. Pay a visit to the Labour Department and discuss the issues with the officer there with more details. Bring along the contract you have entered into with the company.

This topic is closed