RegisterLog In

Public Holiday Replacement and Working Days

CT
Wed, 30 Nov 2016 03:58:31 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 07:58:39 AM)

As our employment contract states that working hour is 8:30a.m-5:30p.m Monday-Friday.

1.) When a Public Holiday falls on Saturday , our company will replace the PH on Friday(a day before) or Monday. Should company replace this PH that falls on Saturday?

2.) Company also pay OT for employee who needs to work in customer site on Saturday( whole day). As I know some company only pay for half days OT on Saturday, as Saturday is count as working day, which on is the correct way to pay for OT on Saturday?

Note:1.) All of the employee's salary in our company is more than RM2000.

2.) We're using monthly pay rate as working days count as 26 days. ( Is it correct to count as 26 days? or should count as 21 days?)

3.) I'm not sure about calculation of unpaid leave for confirmed staff and pre-confirmed staff. Pls guide.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 30 Nov 2016 05:04:49 PM

You can use your own formula and stick to it. However, for holiday falling of Saturday, there will not be any replacement. If required to work on Saturday, another day salary is to be paid.

CT
Wed, 30 Nov 2016 06:45:40 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Wed, 30 Nov 2016 05:04:49 PM

You can use your own formula and stick to it. However, for holiday falling of Saturday, there will not be any replacement. If required to work on Saturday, another day salary is to be paid.

Thanks for your reply. 

In fact, I'm confusing with the calculation of salary. If base on payroll system, there are calculated in 26 days. But I always calculate the unpaid leave like this : monthly salary -(monthly salary/days in the month x unpaid leave days), so that employee felt better. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 01 Dec 2016 07:58:39 AM

There is no special formula for calculating no pay leave. If the payroll system is such, there is nothing can do about it unless the system can be reprogrammed to have another column for no pay leave. By the way, I don't see why you should let them feel better for taking no pay leave.

This topic is closed