RegisterLog In

Enquire on public holiday

Thomson Sim
Fri, 18 Nov 2016 02:50:28 AM  (Last updated: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 03:02:49 PM)
Hi all, would like to ask for your opinion upon public holiday matter.The company I work with is located in selangor, on 11th December is selangor sultan birthday, according to what is stated by the company that I work in ,11th Dec is an observed public holiday, and 25th Dec is not observed public holiday by the company. (Btw the company that I work in, is not doing any Islamic related business.)On 25th of December, the company do not observed the holiday and will not operate business on that day. I have been informed that the day is replaced with 11th of December, where the company mention is observed holiday and I have to work on that day.The company operation time is from 9am to 6pm on 11th of Dec. And my working hour on that day is from 10am to 6pm. 1)Can company set a date for my replacement holiday without my agreement? 2)Do I entitled of triple pay or double pay? since I need to work on 11th of Dec? (company observed public holiday )I am a Malaysian citizen, I am having 'contact of service'. My income is base on fix percentage of commission with no basic salary. It can fluctuate as much as 1k to 1.5k. And it varies each month.3) Am I cover, under the 'Employment Act' with my current income situation? If not, which labour law am I cover under?Look forward for your reply.Regards,Marcus Lee
KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 18 Nov 2016 03:02:49 PM

1. For details of holidays, refer to Section 60d of the Employment Act. 5 of the 11 days are compulsory which cannot be replaced. If you are required to work, company has to (salary/26) x 2. For the remaining 6 days, can be replaced with agreement of the employees.

2. If you have problems with the company, you can bring matter up with the Labour Department.

3. You are covered by the Employment Act.

This topic is closed