RegisterLog In

When should we get the offer letter? Should I go for contract employment?

Wilson Yong
Fri, 21 Oct 2016 11:10:42 AM  (Last updated: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 03:23:46 PM)

Hi,

Recently, I got an job offer from a government-linked company. For me to tender resignation at my current company, I think it's fair and safe for me to sign and collect the original copy of offer letter from the new company before I start working.

However, this company claimed that this is not their practice to share the copy of offer letter to the new employees before start working. So, they only able to provide me an email to offer me the job with salary details and verbally explained the employee benefits and termination. I have tried to request to collect the letter physically in their office one day but they told me that I'm only able to collect and sign the offer letter on my first day of working. What should I do to ensure the offer is valid until the first day of working in new company?

Also, this is my first experience to accept a job that offered in contract basis. They have mentioned that if I'm able to performed well during probation period, they will convert me to permanent position. Should I trust on this which is normal practice for a government-linked company in Malaysia?

Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 21 Oct 2016 03:23:46 PM

That is something you yourself have to decide or consult your parents or other close members of the family.

This topic is closed