RegisterLog In

Maternity Leave problem

Bg  
Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:18:52 PM

I have a prospective candidate wanting to hire for the post of HR executive. When she had come for the interview she never mentioned about that she is 3 months pregnant. So we issued her a contract but yet to be signed by the Boss of the company. We had asked her to come for work today and when she had come down to work with her contract signed from her side and my boss yet to sign the contract our HR admin staff found out from her that she is 3 months pregnant. She is yet to start the work and the contract yet to be signed by our boss.

Do you think we can reject her from employing her. And if so will the company be in any legal problems. Or if we employ her under 3 or 6 months contract should the company grant her the maternity leave. The salary we are yet to decide if we decide less the RM1500 what will be the problem and if it is more than RM1500 what will be the problem for the company to employ her.

Thank you

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:18:52 PM

Such a mess! Was she employed elsewhere before she accepted your offer. Will she end up jobless if she rejected her? Do give consideration to that. I don't know what had actually been transpired, you better sort out the mess. I can't decide for you.

This topic is closed