RegisterLog In

Force to resign

Muntaz Narayani Devi Rajakopal
Sun, 25 Sep 2016 04:02:44 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 09:35:07 AM)
I just join a new company on aug, for probation of 6 months however my hr director + my 3 other directors (not my superior) called me and do a sudden appraisal mentioned that im not performing and give me 2 options 1)terminates me a non confirm staff 2)resign with 2 weeks notice. They force me to write a hand written resignation letter and handover to them. My immediate superior is my head of department (Revenue Manager) and my boss is (Cluster of sales and marketing) was not aware about it. They supposed to do my appraisal for every 2 months.If im not performing they should give me a proper training or any verbal warning before this termination should be a last options. My last should be 5 oct however my hr director request me not to come to work any i may do my clearance any day i wanted. I have wrote an email to my hr director, my gm and my cluster asking for a valid reason but no response from them until today. Can i file a case towards them? What would be your advice? Mnd262 kl
KS Leong
Tue, 27 Sep 2016 01:50:38 PM
Originally posted by Muntaz Narayani Devi Rajakopal on Wed, 28 Sep 2016 09:35:07 AM
I just join a new company on aug, for probation of 6 months however my hr director + my 3 other directors (not my superior) called me and do a sudden appraisal mentioned that im not performing and give me 2 options 1)terminates me a non confirm staff 2)resign with 2 weeks notice. They force me to write a hand written resignation letter and handover to them. My immediate superior is my head of department (Revenue Manager) and my boss is (Cluster of sales and marketing) was not aware about it. They supposed to do my appraisal for every 2 months.If im not performing they should give me a proper training or any verbal warning before this termination should be a last options. My last should be 5 oct however my hr director request me not to come to work any i may do my clearance any day i wanted. I have wrote an email to my hr director, my gm and my cluster asking for a valid reason but no response from them until today. Can i file a case towards them? What would be your advice? Mnd262 kl

Are you able to prove with documentation emails/SMS/whatsapp msg that they forced you to write the resignation letter and not required to come to work by your Hr?

If you are able to then very high chance you can win this case.

And you are right, there should be a proper process of termination which include documented training, coaching, warning and lastly termination.

Contact the Malaysia Labour Office and request to speak with the person handling cases like this. They can advise you more.

Muntaz Narayani Devi Rajakopal
Tue, 27 Sep 2016 06:39:39 PM
Originally posted by KS Leong on Tue, 27 Sep 2016 01:50:38 PM

Are you able to prove with documentation emails/SMS/whatsapp msg that they forced you to write the resignation letter and not required to come to work by your Hr?

If you are able to then very high chance you can win this case.

And you are right, there should be a proper process of termination which include documented training, coaching, warning and lastly termination.

Contact the Malaysia Labour Office and request to speak with the person handling cases like this. They can advise you more.

Hi there, Thanks for your reply, yes i have the wattsup that they mentioned request my self not to come work but i did wrote an email to my hr director those things that she mentioned but i failed to receive any reply from her moreover i dont receive any termination or non confirmation letter from them.I will proceed to labour office for more assistance on my case.Thanks. Mnd262
KS Leong
Wed, 28 Sep 2016 09:35:07 AM

You are welcome :)

Do give us updates from your case if you can coz we all would like to learn anything at all.

Good luck and take care yea.  ;)

This topic is closed