RegisterLog In

Sexual harassment

King
Mon, 19 Sep 2016 12:34:46 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 06:33:34 PM)

I need to know if I could ask for a voluntary separation scheme to resign because of a hostile working environment. I am a mother of two children. 6 months before i was approached by the HR just after i returned from my maternity leave. I was given a mutual separation scheme and i was given only up to the end of the month. I refused to accept and gave a letter of demand using IR lawyer. This is because of the MSS compensation is only less than two months salary although i have been working for 4 years at the company. The company only reply one time and ignore all my claims. They took away my employee benefits like medical card and access to employee portal. After 2 months, being neglected and left redundant. I was ask to report to a new department which expose me to plenty internal department to liaise with to complete my duty. I was being verbally harassed when i needed some matter to resolve quickly. I had warned him to not say such things to me but its being ignore even by his coworker and supervisor. Time goes by until last week i was harassed physically the person spank my buttocks, this is went i made a full report to the human capital in writing and supported with doc note for depression. I could not any longer being harassed by other coworker working surrounding the company as if they are not educated on sexual harassment and hostile environment. I need to leave immediately but i have not yet get any other job opportunity. So i wanted the compensation for me to be able to recover myself for the shocking experienced.  

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 19 Sep 2016 04:14:21 PM

Since you have enlisted the service of an IR lawyer, follow up with him about your plight. The Labour Department or the Industrial Relations Department can also be an option.

King
Wed, 19 Oct 2016 06:14:53 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 04:14:21 PM

Since you have enlisted the service of an IR lawyer, follow up with him about your plight. The Labour Department or the Industrial Relations Department can also be an option.

Hi KL Siew,
Following from my query, the HR exercise Domestic inquiry earlier today that represents of a male judge, 2 female panel, 1 female prosecutor, 1 female observer, 1 female secretariat and the offender. as i did not took further external action to safe some pocket money, save from more humiliation that might have involvement of my husband so i decided to have it solved internally.
Even all of them from various department but i some how technically have worked with them before and most of them aware of who i am. With so much humiliation playing back of what happen and how was i feeling and even cried in front of all the co-wokers yet i managed. Apart from my report, in the hearing i specifically told that it is  the management or company to be blame for not practicing preventive exercise. And as well mentioned that both me and the offender is victim because non of us has come across any guidance or practices of a safe & healthy working environment. For the offender it has been 8 years his service with them I’m sure has not come across those training and myself that has been 4 years as well not replenish with trainings and guidance until the incident happen. 
My question will be, will this lead to a mistrial or threaten the company? and if it looks like its treating the company what consequences would i be expecting to faced. 
Thank you in advanced. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 19 Oct 2016 06:33:34 PM

I am really not in the position to give any useful advice. Why not try consulting a lawyer or the Industrial Relations Department?

This topic is closed