RegisterLog In

Misleading to sign on contract and compensation

Joey Kee
Wed, 14 Sep 2016 04:08:44 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 01:43:27 PM)

Hi,

I have signed an offer letter for the position of admin and teacher on 12-Sep-16 about 9.30pm in a tuition centre after listened the talk given by the principle .  In the offer letter of employment  , the service of working date is start from 12-Sep16.

On 13-Sep-16, I come to company ( tuition centre ) and I have noticed what the principle talked to me is different. I have requested to work more hours with lesser pay. I feel I was misleading and be cheated to sign the contract.

On the same day 13-Sep, I have sms to principle and told him the job is not suitable to me and I have tendered resignation however he would want me to compensate Rm4000 as I breach the contract during one year period which state on contract.

Do I really have to compensate Rm4000? The contract never mentioned my salary amount but only working days and hours.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 14 Sep 2016 05:15:41 PM

Salary not mentioned in the contract? If that's true, not bother too much about his demand if I were you.

Joey Kee
Wed, 14 Sep 2016 09:14:51 PM

​Thank you for your reply.  Just a few points to highlight:

(1) I just noticed that there is salary of few ringgit (with EPF) per hour stated in my contract.

(2) I requested to bring the contract back to study (during the interview day), and he refused.   And, it was already 9.30pm++ during that day, so I just signed it.  I should not have done so. 

(3) After studying the contract with my husband, I realize that my rights and benefits are not protected.  There are no clearly mentioned benefits, including the commission and teaching income (except the few ringgit per hour).  

(4) As the contract has many interpretations that I feel now that the contract is unfair to me.  I do not want to get myself contracted for 1 year but will be paid very little.  I do not want to get myself exploited.   It is also unwise to compensate RM4K since I have not started working yet - I have not received any money from them.  

Lastly, if he takes legal action against me, what should I do?

Joey Kee
Wed, 14 Sep 2016 09:14:52 PM

​Thank you for your reply.  Just a few points to highlight:

(1) I just noticed that there is salary of few ringgit (with EPF) per hour stated in my contract.

(2) I requested to bring the contract back to study (during the interview day), and he refused.   And, it was already 9.30pm++ during that day, so I just signed it.  I should not have done so. 

(3) After studying the contract with my husband, I realize that my rights and benefits are not protected.  There are no clearly mentioned benefits, including the commission and teaching income (except the few ringgit per hour).  

(4) As the contract has many interpretations that I feel now that the contract is unfair to me.  I do not want to get myself contracted for 1 year but will be paid very little.  I do not want to get myself exploited.   It is also unwise to compensate RM4K since I have not started working yet - I have not received any money from them.  

Lastly, if he takes legal action against me, what should I do?

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 15 Sep 2016 07:21:50 AM

Don't pay anything for the time being. Let them take action if they want and you can then contest the case.

Joey Kee
Thu, 15 Sep 2016 01:43:26 PM

Thank you very much for your advice

This topic is closed