RegisterLog In

Unlawful termination

Germaine
Mon, 29 Aug 2016 03:21:26 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 01 Sep 2016 10:35:45 AM)

HI, 

I am not sure if this is the correct place to pop question but in the event if it is not appropriate, would appreciate if you can direct me to the correct channel.

I am a director of a company, however, i am being removed unlawful, as such, i would like to now ask for damages / compensation.

Which Act am i suppose to follow? Employment law? or compensation act 1952? or which any other relevant and proper channel which you may advice.

Thank you in advance.

Michael
Contributor
Mon, 29 Aug 2016 04:42:52 PM

Just proceed to the IR Office and file a case, they'll guide you from there.

Iswara Biru
Thu, 01 Sep 2016 10:35:44 AM

Hi,

Seeking an advice here. Fact of the matters are as follows.

My contract runs for 3 years from Jun 13 to May 16.

in my contract it says that a notice of 1 month shall be given to notify the status of the contract either to renew or not.

Normal practice here within 3 months before the expiry of the contract, a notice is given to the employee for their acknowledgement.

in Feb 16 i was transferred to another department with same rank and package.

On 23 May 16 a letter was issued that my contract is not renew ( which is less than a month) and making worst the letter was handover to me on the last day of the working month which 29 May 16.

I have put an appeal email to the management on 29 May 2016 but there are no respond from them officially.

Seeking your advice what are my rights and can I summon to get a 3 months compensation.

Regards

John

This topic is closed