RegisterLog In

Staff complain to Labour Department

Thu, 18 Aug 2016 08:59:54 AM  (Last updated: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 05:56:48 PM)

Hi Admin

I would like to seek your advise regarding the above subject. The staff has make a complaint to Labour Department due to he has been transferred to other branches in short notice. At the same time he also make complaint that his salary was underpaid in April 2016 and no payslip received by him. In your opinion, do we need to consult him before meeting the Labour Officer or just proceed with the meeting without consulting.

Your opinion and advise are very much appreciated.

Thank you and regards,


KL Siew
Thu, 18 Aug 2016 05:49:49 PM

You of course can talk to the employee concerned first to see whether there is any compromise or amicable settlement. If you can, both of you can go to see the officer and get the complaint withdrawn. If both are not willing to talk over it, then just go to see the officer and get matter settled there.

Thu, 18 Aug 2016 05:56:48 PM

Hi KL Siew

Thank you for your opinion and advise.

Really appreciate it. We will see the officer since they only want to see the employer for clarification.

Thanks again



  This topic is closed