RegisterLog In

Medical Claim

Nono
Fri, 12 Aug 2016 06:07:56 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 11:05:36 AM)

I had start work on 20th June 2016 (under probation) and i had sicked. I went clinic and the doctor gave me an MC and my company HR accepted the MC with claim approved. The following month i had sick again on Wednesday, this time i did not apply any MC and work as usual and took medicine myself but until Sunday still not recover so i decided to consult doctor, this time the HR do gave me a panel doctor card and i went to the panel doctor, i show card during payment section, the clinic refuse to accept the card due to registration section did not show the card, so i make cash payment and claim from company, the HR mentioned would not approve full claim due to my medical bill (RM89.00) is expensive. But in my appointment letter, they do mentioned RM1000.00 annually claim. If i do not exceed the annual limit, do i eligible to get the full claim? 

Thank you. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 15 Aug 2016 07:29:53 AM

Medical claims are your own company's benefits, which are not provided the Employment Act. You have to sort that out with your HR especially that card registration problem so that the problem will not occur again next time.

Nono
Wed, 17 Aug 2016 09:48:08 AM

The offer letter i signed mentioned that annual medical claim RM1,000.00 and some of my colleague can get the full claim provided their medical claim do not exceed RM1,000.00 annually. The actual situation is different with what my offer letter mentioned, can i get back the full claim as my offer letter mentioned? How should i do? Thanks. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 17 Aug 2016 11:05:35 AM

You can try the Labour Department see whether they can help.  Give them a call.

This topic is closed