RegisterLog In

Misconduct

Logan
Thu, 04 Aug 2016 08:39:24 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 06:53:10 PM)
Hi, Recently, I was caught keeping a bottle of liquor in my locker by the security personnel. It belongs to me and the receipt of it has been given to the security manager. The seal of the bottle is not even broken yet. But, due to bringing in the bottle into my work premise, i was suspended for 14 days for further investigation. I was issued show cause letter in the mean time. I have replied the letter with all my explanations. And I got to know that the management are going to conduct domestic enquiry on me and discharge me from work. I had never received any warning letters or any other form of dictionary action before. Here, i just want to know whether the management have the rights to discharge me straight away or I am only supposed to be given a warning letter instead of being discharged. Please help me on this issue. Thank you. Regards, Logan
KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 05 Aug 2016 11:08:00 AM

If it is going to be a domestic inquiry, you have to attend the inquiry and defend you case. After the DI, the panel may decide the type of penalties something like those stated in Section 14 of the Employment Act. If they chose to dismiss you and you felt that the dismissal was not fair, you could seek recourse at the Industrial Relations Department.

Logan
Fri, 05 Aug 2016 06:53:10 PM
Thank you

This topic is closed