RegisterLog In

Interpretation for length & termination clause

Alex
Thu, 04 Aug 2016 11:31:46 AM  (Last updated: Thu, 04 Aug 2016 02:14:02 PM)

Can anyone here help me to interpret following clause.

7. LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT

Your term of employment shall be for a period of three (3) years. In the event that you terminate your employment before the term you will be liable to compensate the firm for three months of your current salary (including allowances) subject to clause 8.

8. TERMINATION

Either party reserves the right to terminate this contract of service without any notice or payment in lieu of notice in the first month. From the second month to the end of the period of probation, either party reserves the right to terminate this contract of service by giving four weeks’ notice in writing or payment in lieu of notice.

Upon confirmation of service, either party reserves the right to terminate this contract of service by giving three months notice in writing or payment in lieu of such notice.

Thanks 

Michael
Contributor
Thu, 04 Aug 2016 01:44:34 PM

1. Contract Period: 3 years
2. Termination Notice During 1st Month of Probationary Period: None
3. Termination Notice From 2nd Month of Probationary Period Onwards: 4 weeks notice/payment in-lieu of notice
4. Termination Notice After Confirmation: 3 months notice/payment in-lieu of notice

Alex
Thu, 04 Aug 2016 01:54:42 PM
Originally posted by Michael on Thu, 04 Aug 2016 01:44:34 PM

3. Termination Notice From 2nd Month of Probationary Period Onwards: 4 weeks notice/payment in-lieu of notice
4. Termination Notice After Confirmation: 3 months notice/payment in-lieu of notice

Thanks for your reply Michael.

Because they didn't issue me a confirmation letter, Do I have to make any payment back to the company if I decided to resign? 

Alex
Thu, 04 Aug 2016 01:56:32 PM
Originally posted by Michael on Thu, 04 Aug 2016 01:44:34 PM

Additional information.

Still within the 3 years period and my salary 3.2k

Michael
Contributor
Thu, 04 Aug 2016 01:57:54 PM

If you never received any confirmation letter from the Company nor was it a clause stated in your Employment Letter that in the event after the probationary period you never receive any confirmation letter from the Company, you are deemed to be confirmed already, then you remain as a probationer until you receive such confirmation from the Company.

Alex
Thu, 04 Aug 2016 02:10:16 PM
Originally posted by Michael on Thu, 04 Aug 2016 01:57:54 PM

If you never received any confirmation letter from the Company nor was it a clause stated in your Employment Letter that in the event after the probationary period you never receive any confirmation letter from the Company, you are deemed to be confirmed already, then you remain as a probationer until you receive such confirmation from the Company.

I just check, still probationer. so in conclusion that when if I resign, I will have to work for 1 month or payback 1 month salary+allowance?

Michael
Contributor
Thu, 04 Aug 2016 02:11:26 PM

Yes, if you have already worked for more than a month.

Alex
Thu, 04 Aug 2016 02:13:14 PM
Originally posted by Michael on Thu, 04 Aug 2016 02:11:26 PM

Yes, if you have already worked for more than a month.

Thanks for your clarification. I though I need to pay back 3 months salary+commission if I plan to resign from current place. 

Michael
Contributor
Thu, 04 Aug 2016 02:14:02 PM

No problem :-)

This topic is closed