RegisterLog In

Resignation during hospitalisation leave

Cheryl  
Sun, 10 Aug 2008 02:20:28 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 08:44:49 AM)

Hi,

I'm still under hospitalisation leave until 06 September 2008. I decided to tender my resignation during this period by giving 1 month notice.

My question is: The 1 month notice is effective after my hospitalisation leave or immediately after from the day I tender my resignation?

KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 10 Aug 2008 03:39:09 PM

I don't know what kind of problems you are having and for what you are hospitalised , i.e. due to sickness, accident, accident happened during work and so on. Whatever it is, I think it is not wise and against your interest for you to do that. I don't see why the hurry.

Cheryl
Sun, 10 Aug 2008 10:54:20 PM

I have been going for job interviews since early this year. On 23 July 2008, I had a minor surgery due to sickness and doctor gave me hospitalisation leave to rest at home. During this time, I've got a call from a company that I had went for interview that they offered me a job.

Therefore, I need to tender my resignation as soon as possible so that I can start my new job on 15 September 2008.

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 11 Aug 2008 08:44:49 AM

In that case, you may just go ahead. It is effective date will normally be the date you submitted you notice.

This topic is closed