RegisterLog In

Sunday Working with NO COMPENSATION despite exceed working hours.

SuperFlash
Sun, 24 Jul 2016 01:53:45 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 02:43:18 PM)

I'm required to work on a Saturday night and Sunday with no compensation despite exceeding working hours.

Am not allowed to claim mileage or transportation fees. I have a 44 working hours policy and those hour on Saturday and Sunday exceeds my hours. For whatsoever reason, I'm not entitled for OT either. The only thing they allowed is in-lieu on hourly basis, nothing else, no travel compensation as well, or full day in-lieu.

Anyone know what should I be entitled to for working on Sunday? 

1) I thought it is mandatory for 1 rest day per week? (Do not have that, since I work half day on Saturday and having to work on Sunday again).

2) On the rest day that you work, you will be pay a full day wage if you work half day of normal hours. (Since I work on Sunday despite it being my rest day, does this apply to me?)

3) If you work beyond half days, we should be reimbursed for 2 days pay. (Since, my working hours on Sunday is 1pm to 6pm *5 hours*, should I get some form of compensation?)

Can anyone advise me on that? Am I being mistreated and exploited? 

Please and thank you.

SF

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 25 Jul 2016 02:43:17 PM

You can get  all the info Part 12 of the Employment Act. If your employer is not providing those benefits therein, you can bring the matter up with the Labour Department.

This topic is closed