RegisterLog In

Employer misconduct

maisarahm
Wed, 13 Jul 2016 01:43:30 AM  (Last updated: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 09:16:04 AM)

Hi, 

I'm a confused 22 y/o working in a fashion company which I do feel have been treating us unfairly. I have read up other posts from these forums but hopefully somebody can clear up on our situation, this is my first job.

All of us has never received any pay slips. Is it compulsory for an employer to provide one?
My EPF was only paid after 9months of working there. Is it true that an employer HAS to pay EPF even for probations? Is there a law for this because we were all informed by our boss that probations do not get any EPF.     
We had to work 7 days straight, but was given the following Monday off. We were not paid overtime. Is this method legal? How do I report this? And what kind of proof do we have to provide if we work in an office and do not punch in and out?
We have worked multiple times over night but was not paid overtime (and OT pay was not mentioned in our contract), the reason was, words from our boss : "in corporate company, you do not get paid overtime, overtime is your responsibility". Is this true? We are not a large company there are only 5 working in the office and three in the retail.
How about doing jobs out of  job scope? Can we report this? We were hired to work in office but gets thrown to work in retail as sales assistants very often. 
Our salary is never constant, the date changes, sometimes late. Do salaries need to be constant?

I hope somebody can clarify this! Thank you                                                                                                                                         

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 13 Jul 2016 09:16:04 AM

There are a few places where you can bring the matters up and seek clarifications:

1. The Labour Department for salary matters;

2. The EPF office for EPF matters;

3. SOCSO for social insurance matters.

This topic is closed