RegisterLog In

Does rest day and leave count as the same thing?

Jazzy
Wed, 06 Jul 2016 01:23:31 AM  (Last updated: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 07:05:40 AM)

I am currently working as a phone sales executive in a mall. As i know every worker is provided one rest day per week, but now my problem is, i didnt rest for 3 weeks straight just to use all my offday on friday-sunday. But my Manager told me that i couldnt take my rest day 3 days straight because i've been taking off too many times in a year. Problem is, i never take restday more than 4 times a month...sometimes if there is family vacation or personal matter, then i will not off for 3weeks straight just to off for 3days straight..and before that, i will inform 1 or 2 months earlier. Now that i didnt off for 3weeks, i wanted to take 3 days restday straight for family vacation. And my manager said might not approve due to many times of "leave" in a year. But each month, im only taking my restday, how does it count as "leave"?

please help me on this case, it really isnt fair for counting my restday as leave

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 06 Jul 2016 07:05:40 AM

Do you have a contract of service or appointment letter stating all the terms and conditions of service like working hours, rest days, annual leave, sick leave entitlement etc etc? If you have, just follow the terms and conditions. If you don't have one, the company should draw up a contract of service clearly stating all the terms and condition and follow them. With that you will not have the confusion. Read up Part 12 of the Employment Act. for more information.

This topic is closed