RegisterLog In

Hospitalization Leave

Rara
Fri, 17 Jun 2016 04:26:18 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 04:44:59 PM)

Hi,

I would like to get advise as per below. I'm permanent staff in a company and was given 18 Sick leave (MC) and 60 hospitalization leave.

Recently i was hospitalized and undergo surgery. I was admitted for 1 week at hospital after the surgery. I was discharged from hospital but then given 2 weeks rest at home as im not fit to travel and work. I also went for checkups when i was rest at home as per doctor. 

After my rest day finish i went back to work. I was given one medical certificate ticked as hospitalization (when i was in the hospital) and 3 medical certificate ticked as outpatient (when i was rest at home). My HR has deducted 1 week as hospitalization and 2 weeks as Sick Leave (MC). 

From my knowledge, all my 3 weeks leaves ( 1 week admitted at hospital & 2 weeks at home) shall be deduct as hospitalization leave as i was undergo surgery and discharged but still not fit to work was resting at home. Please advise whether i am correct her?

Regards,

Rora

Rara
Fri, 17 Jun 2016 04:28:19 PM
Originally posted by Rara on Fri, 17 Jun 2016 04:44:59 PM

Hi,

I would like to get advise as per below. I'm permanent staff in a company and was given 18 Sick leave (MC) and 60 hospitalization leave.

Recently i was hospitalized and undergo surgery. I was admitted for 1 week at hospital after the surgery. I was discharged from hospital but then given 2 weeks rest at home as im not fit to travel and work. I also went for checkups when i was rest at home as per doctor. 

After my rest day finish i went back to work. I was given one medical certificate ticked as hospitalization (when i was in the hospital) and 3 medical certificate ticked as outpatient (when i was rest at home). My HR has deducted 1 week as hospitalization and 2 weeks as Sick Leave (MC). 

From my knowledge, all my 3 weeks leaves ( 1 week admitted at hospital & 2 weeks at home) shall be deduct as hospitalization leave as i was undergo surgery and discharged but still not fit to work was resting at home. Please advise whether i am correct her?

Regards,

Rora

Also, I understand i will be considered as Sick leave ( MC) if i take leave after i back to work and then given sick leave.

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 17 Jun 2016 04:44:58 PM

In your case, your HR is correct. You may consult the Labour Department if you want to get something official.

This topic is closed