RegisterLog In

Medical Certificate from other countries

Wed, 08 Jun 2016 12:28:11 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 02:34:54 PM)

Hi Siew,

Our indian nationality staff has gone back to his country to get a slipped disc treatment. 

Our policy already stated as below:

a. Medical Certificates

Sick leave is not accumulative or carried forward to the following year and must be substantiated by medical certificates from registered medical practitioners. Certificates from physicians and alternative medicine practitioners not registered with the Government will not be recognized.

Do you think it's fair for him if we reject his submitted MC from India?



KL Siew
Wed, 08 Jun 2016 02:34:54 PM

I don't think MC issued by doctors in foreign country can be recognized under the Employment Act. Consult the Labour Department for their views.

  This topic is closed