RegisterLog In

Company driver

Mrs.Anna
Tue, 31 May 2016 11:50:07 AM  (Last updated: Tue, 31 May 2016 07:30:36 PM)

Hi ,

1. It is regarding my company driver. lately I got to know about him that he is spreading the news about my Manager's traveling schedule to other staffs, he also giving information where is my manager going and when he will be back. Even my acct dept goes to bank regarding salary purpose or withdrawal he is giving information to other staffs. When we check how the other staffs knows all , they informed me that the driver told them. He is confirmed staff. This not only first time he had done this, but many times.I feel is very dangerous.  What action shall we take towards him?

Thank you

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 31 May 2016 12:34:32 PM

Why should he volunteer to disclose the info or spread the news? If you have concrete evidence about he has been doing, you can always pull him up and give him stern verbal warning or even written warning.

Mrs.Anna
Tue, 31 May 2016 04:23:34 PM

Hi ,

My company driver is very busy body. That the reason he is doing this. I feel even give him verbal warning it won't work. Is there any law that can dismiss him?

please advise

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 31 May 2016 07:30:36 PM

If you have evidence that he has compromised the security of the company, you can hold a domestic inquiry before deciding what sort of penalty the company should give him. Refer to Section 14 of the EA for some guidance.

This topic is closed