RegisterLog In

Maternity Protection and termination before maternity

tracy
Mon, 23 May 2016 11:09:44 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 24 May 2016 08:00:00 AM)

Hi,  I am currently 32 weeks pregnancy and I starts working in this company since 11/1/2016. My fix salary is 4k per month And I have informed my General Manager about my pregnancy on the first day I work .

I am a contract staff for one year with this company.they offer me Fixed Term Employment Contract .

I am going to deliver by 17/7/2016. And this is my 3rd baby.

Can you please advise me on my entitlement for maternity leave and maternity allowance under labor law?

Now , my management is offer to pay me one month maternity leave and one month allowance , 2nd month will be unpaid leave.if i not agreed, they may terminate my employment before my maternity leave . in this case, can they terminate me right now ?
It will be much appreciated if you could reply me as soon as possible . Many thanks .

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 24 May 2016 08:00:00 AM

Since your salary is more than RM2000, you are not covered by the Employment Act. As such you may not be able to approach the Labour Department for help to get 60 days maternity allowance. If there is no clause for maternity benefits in your contract, I think you may consider accepting the company's offer of one month. In your new contract, I think it is prudent to have all the terms and conditions properly stated in it.

This topic is closed