RegisterLog In

EPF & SOCSO

Wan Farid
Thu, 19 May 2016 04:14:03 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 20 May 2016 03:52:17 PM)

Dear All 

I have been working with a travel agency for the past 5 years as a guide for the 1st 2 years and a tour consultant cum guide for 3 years onwards 

Since i was employed, i have never given any appointment letter and i was suprised and did ask for an appointment letter but i was given so many excuse by my employer. As i become a tourist guide, i usually works more than 8 hours at certain time for example when i do some mountain climbing. I was never given any overtime pay,and no insurance was ever issued to me. For the EPF & SOCSO, my salary received was NETT and no deduction for EPF and SOCSO. My salary was only issued by a payment voucher and no payment slip was issued 

As becoming as i guide, i need to travel to certain rural places for quite some time and i couldnt confirm on the payment of the EPF and SOCSO. When i ask again about the deduction, the employer and my HR so called said that i REFUSED to get my salary deducted for the EPF & SOCSO which i NEVER EVER said that 

Please advise me on this and what legal matter should i take ? 

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 19 May 2016 06:35:46 PM

You should have taken action long ago. I think the only thing you can do now is to make complaint at the respective EPF and SOCSO offices.

Wan Farid
Fri, 20 May 2016 09:18:27 AM

Dear Mr Siew 

What legal matter should i take now based on your reccommendation ? 

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 20 May 2016 03:52:17 PM

I don't know, no appointment letter, no pay slips , no nothing. It looks like you will have a tough time to prove your case. Anyway, just go there and consult EPF, SOCSO or Labour Department see anything can be done about it.

This topic is closed