RegisterLog In

LATE PAYROL

AnakUmbong
Wed, 11 May 2016 07:08:06 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 16 May 2016 09:34:24 AM)

I was work as a casual worker at one of the company at KL. They did not state whether I have to give any certain period for resignation. So once I got a permanent job offer. I give 24 hours notice to my manager, since I did discuss with her about it. And it is accepted for me to resign 24 hours without penalty. I submitted my invoice pay on 14/04/2016 but today 11/05/2016 I still haven't receive any invoice pay(salary). When I call I was given an answer still in the process and not ready yet. And as the main breadwinner it is very stressful to me since they took so long to pay my invoice service.

Is that acceptable?

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 12 May 2016 12:05:52 PM

You can go to the Labour Department and make a complaint there. But be aware, since you resigned with 24 hours notice, the employer may instead sue you for indemnity. Anyway, go there and get their advice.

AnakUmbong
Thu, 12 May 2016 12:58:44 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Thu, 12 May 2016 12:05:52 PM

You can go to the Labour Department and make a complaint there. But be aware, since you resigned with 24 hours notice, the employer may instead sue you for indemnity. Anyway, go there and get their advice.

Thanks, I did call. The agreement didn't state about the period of resignation since I am a casual worker. And casual worker means you come only when you are required, like "no string attach" and you are also free to do other part time job. When you need to leave you can just leave, the fact that I send my resignation letter is my own courtesy and respect that I have with my manager. I did call payrol department today, they only can promise to pay me somewhere in next week. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 12 May 2016 04:07:25 PM

OK, hope you can get paid next week.

AnakUmbong
Mon, 16 May 2016 09:34:24 AM

Thanks. Still waiting for my pay-check to be sign by the director. I said I want my salary to be in tommorow by 5pm.

This topic is closed