RegisterLog In

Termination

jane
Thu, 21 Apr 2016 07:25:16 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 12:54:54 PM)

Hi,

I was recently terminated by my company with 7 days of notice period (per employment contract). They didnt really say a reason but impying that it was of poor performance. But i have only joined the company in feb with 3 months probation period. No warning letter was provided early on and now i have to start for jobsearch.

It is a start up company in Nov last year and things were mainly just picking up and i was the only experienced staff there other than the one director/owner. Things ie PCB of my portion was not paid until i alerted the director, payslip only provided to me when i leave and EPF was yet to be credited due to fresh grad handling the accounts/payments.

Is 7 days notice period valid?

Thank you.

pitty
Thu, 21 Apr 2016 07:41:03 PM

Hi,im working in my MNc company from 2012 and recently they give me showcause and suspension with my MC issue.1st MC they said that this MC i change it manually and they try to call the doctor and with wrong information by the doctor they blame me and after i go and check with the doctor mentioned the information give wrongly and the amended by the clinic it self so the doctor already handwrite with clarification.

another MC issue they said i give the falsies MC on the particular date and after i go and check with the clinic the doctor agreed that the nurse work there is manipulate the 2015 MC and give to me and she did not record my details on the particular date just release the MC without doctor knowledge and currently she already terminated from the clinic.

In this case my company asked my the reply for showcause and suspension with explain why they do not take disciplinary action on this and in this did I still will get the termination ? since i already give them prove by the doctor letter.

If they terminate me do I able to get any compensation for this ?

Please advise.I worried and depressed on this.

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 22 Apr 2016 12:54:54 PM

To Jane, the 7 days notice is valid. However, you think the termination is unfair, you may approach the local Industrial Relations Department for advice.

To Pitty, You just do you part by giving your reply. It is up to them whether they will accept your explanation or not. If they want to go ahead to take disciplinary action against you, that will be up to them.

This topic is closed