RegisterLog In

Mental Harassment from Employer

Lisa
Thu, 14 Apr 2016 10:33:07 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 12:04:07 PM)
I have a friend who is under mental harassment from her boss who is owner of the company. Can we do anything about that? Aside from verbal abuse she is also suffering isolation from her employer from othe colleagues. She has tendered her resignation and the employer is using such methods so he don't need to pay compensation so that he could push her to leave earlier without having to pay. She is serving her 3 months notice aND she was on 2 days medical leave with MC issued by doctor.the employer is asking for medical record disclosure of her sickness and ask her to show him her medications as well which is to me very irrelevant.it's a normal medical leave and he wants to record the MC and medications as well... is she protected under data privacy act and at least don't have to show him medications? How about medical report? Does she need to write to the doctor to disclose just because of the 2 days MC? Can u please help? ?
KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 15 Apr 2016 12:04:07 PM

I think what you can do is to advise your friend to go personally to the Labour Department and discuss her problems with the officer there.

This topic is closed