RegisterLog In

No option of paid in lieu

torturetune
Sun, 10 Apr 2016 09:44:08 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 07:34:15 PM)
My contract states employee have to serve one months notice but employer has the option to give one months notice with paid in lieu. Im currently giving one week notice and willing to pay in lieu for short notice served but request is rejected and management is further delaying my request. I plan to just leave with leaving balance 3 weeks total paid in lieu. Kindly advice.
torturetune
Sun, 10 Apr 2016 09:59:10 PM

I can't edit my post.....

My contract states employee have to serve one months notice but employer has the option to give one months notice or paid in lieu. Im currently giving one week notice and willing to pay in lieu for short notice served but request is rejected and management is further delaying my request. I plan to serve my one weeks notice and leave a cheque for balance 3 weeks total paid in lieu on my last day. Kindly advice.

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 11 Apr 2016 12:38:54 PM

I suppose you can do that.

torturetune
Mon, 11 Apr 2016 12:59:47 PM

Thanks for the reply, can they take legal action on me as im not bound by the employment act as my salary is above RM2,000 a month. If they do take legal action, kindly advice on my next steps. Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 11 Apr 2016 07:00:19 PM

Have you done something wrong that may make them take action against you?

torturetune
Mon, 11 Apr 2016 07:19:54 PM
I have violated my employment contract as it states that i should give one months notice with no mention of paid in lieu. As for the company has the option of 1 months notice and paid in lieu to employee.
KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 11 Apr 2016 07:32:43 PM

I won't worry too much about that if I were you. Pay up and go.

torturetune
Mon, 11 Apr 2016 07:34:15 PM
Thank you! 😊

This topic is closed