RegisterLog In

HR / Direct Manager on Acknowledgement of Resignation Letter

ck
Sun, 10 Apr 2016 01:09:58 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 07:05:35 PM)

Hi,

Normally, in my previous company, I tender resignation but give to both direct boss and HR. Boss did not immediately acknowledge but when I met with HR manager, luckily he at least acknowledged it with signatory after I asked it to be acknowledge that the company has received my letter of resignation.I kept a copy of it and proceed to serve necessary notice accordingly.

My question is Does direct boss/manager or HR has the right not to acknowledge when employee tender resignation letter? What should I do if both side doesn't even want to acknowledge it? How to i proceed from there? If no one acknowledge, technically I had not tender and am still working as normal. Can i just snap picture of resignation letter on day of tendering?

Please help advise

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 11 Apr 2016 12:27:41 PM

Resignation letter should in the first place be sent to the HR because HR deals with staffing matters. It does not matter whether your superior acknowledges it or all. Since as you said, HR had acknowledged your letter, your resignation is valid. You have to work till the end of the notice period and then leave.

ck
Mon, 11 Apr 2016 01:53:53 PM

Hi KL Siew,

Thank You for your feedback.

Yes, you are right as HR did acknowledged my resignation letter in my previous company. Thankful for that.

I had read online forum and some ppl mentioned that their HR actually refuse to accept (acknowledge) the resignation letter.

At the moment, i am just curious and would like to know Can HR actually not acknowledge one's resignation letter? Are they allowed to do so? What should an employee do if this happens?

Thank You

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 11 Apr 2016 07:05:35 PM

It is not necesary for HR to acknowledge.

This topic is closed