RegisterLog In

Lorry Driver covered under Employment Act

Neelambikai
Tue, 05 Apr 2016 03:21:12 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 12:33:27 PM)

Dear Sir,

My Husband Salary is Rm3,000 and he is a lorry driver (drive 5 ton lorry transporting the air coolers). He also perform manual works such as carry the weighted air cooler and fix it. His he covered under employment act? Please advise

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 05 Apr 2016 03:43:52 PM

Yes, he is covered under the EA and he should be able to enjoy the benefits under the Act.

Neelambikai
Fri, 08 Apr 2016 10:04:11 AM

Hi,

My Husband not really good in Act and HR Policy. When e-mail to his employer on behalf my husband they refuse to answer me. They want employee only communicate with them. Can you advise me whether any section proved that the spouse eligible to liase with employer.

Thank you and appreciate your reply.

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 08 Apr 2016 12:24:41 PM

You don't deal with his employer at all. If he has complaints, you can bring him along to lodge a complaint at the Labour Department. You must know what sort of claims you want to make against his employer. Anyway, you can go with him to the Labour Department and discuss the issues with the officer there. You must go there in person, not by letter or email.

Neelambikai
Fri, 08 Apr 2016 12:33:27 PM

Well Noted with many thanks. Appreciate your prompt reply.

If he is covered under employment act 1955. His OT rate should calculate based on Employment act or can be single rate (1.5) for all the day even public holiday. His company working days basically, employee can take one off in any day in a week.

Sometimes, public holiday also have to work. with no OT paid. counted as normal working day. if anyone take leave means it will take it as off day for that week.

What should i do:

Employer deducted his 3 month unpaid leave in march 2016. its huge amount and never inform him.

Thats why i would like check on the NPL calculation. They refuse to answer.

Employer also provide wrong EA form. the amount are incorrect.

Please advise

This topic is closed