RegisterLog In

Probation Confirmation & Termination?

Kar Din
Thu, 24 Mar 2016 09:54:58 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 12:30:28 PM)

Hi Guys,

So... I have been working for this company since 1st of October 2015 till current date. (6 months).

Supposing our confirmation is 3 months period. After filling the details of review form and passed to the manager, there are no news about the confirmation and not even a confirmation letter being signed until today.

However, I do receive benefits like medical benefits, outstation claims, & 15 days Annual Leaves in the company's HR System. 

So, now the company is retrenching and asking if any employees are willing to sign the voluntary separation scheme which comes with compensations only to the permanent & fixed employees. 

My question is, without a confirmation letter, am I considered as a permanent staff after 6 months of service and currently enjoying the same benefits with other confirmed staff.

Thanks a lot in advance!

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 25 Mar 2016 12:30:27 PM

About confirmation, refer to a High Court judgment see whether you can get some guidance from it. About retrenchment, if your service is terminated for whatever reasons, you have the right to bring the matter with either the Labour Department or the Industrial Relations Department, if you are not happy with the termination of service.

This topic is closed