RegisterLog In

Extension on Probation

Samantha Fong
Thu, 17 Mar 2016 05:51:05 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 06:44:08 PM)

Hi, 

On my last day of my 3 months probation, I received a letter from my management to extend my 3 months probation to another 3 months, in total I am need to go through a 6 months probation period. In the letter, it stated a deduction of RM1000 from my salary due to unsatisfactory performance. They said after the 3 months probation, they will consider to pay me with my current salary (without the deduction of RM1000) if I perform or terminate me if I do not perform to their expectation. 
I am currently pregnant with 5 months old and I am trapped with this unfair treatment.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 17 Mar 2016 07:58:31 PM

Yes, that's an unfair treatment.  At the moment you just have to carry on working as usual. If they ever deduction your salary or terminate your service, you can lodge complaint at the Labour Department.

Samantha Fong
Mon, 28 Mar 2016 05:35:36 PM

Hi, 

Apparently, my salary was deducted as said in the new probation letter.

I have some enquiries as below:

1) I think my boss will terminate me after another 3 months probation. Can I lodge report after she terminated me in month of June? At that time, I will request the difference of salary she deducted.

2) Can I ask for maternity leave even when I no longer serve the company? I will due in July. This is one of the main reason I think she will terminate me in June before I due.

Regards, 

Fong

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 28 Mar 2016 06:44:08 PM

You can report after receiving the termination letter.

This topic is closed