RegisterLog In

Need Advise

Ronaldo
Wed, 24 Feb 2016 12:06:36 AM  (Last updated: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 05:55:37 PM)

Hi ,

I  tendered  my  resignation  11 Feb 2016   and   under  my  contarct   i  need  to  serve  1  month  notice   but  however   new  company   want  to  buy  out   thus   my  last  was  on  19 Feb  2016.   My old   employer  provide  Notice   of  short  payment  to my  new  employer  and  they  in  midist  of  arranging   the  buyout  process  it  right  for  old  employer   to  hold  salary  until  they  receive  money   from  new  employer . ?   Can  you  advise  how  buy out  process  work

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 24 Feb 2016 12:23:31 PM

Yes, I think they can hold back your salary pending the settlement just in case the money is not coming from the new company. To me, the best way is for you to settle everything with your company and you pay the notice money first and then try to get it back from your new company when you start work there.

Ronaldo
Sun, 28 Feb 2016 05:45:40 PM

Dear  KL Siew / Admin team ,

Good  day . Thanks  for  the reply  . Can  please  advise   as  my  previous   salary   with  old   employer  is  RM 2350 thus   i  protect  under  Employment Act  .  Can  launch   a  complaint  to  Labour  Office   against  my  new  employer as  they  have  officially  confirm  my  buyout   thus  my  old  employer  is   holding  my last month   salary  .  

For  information  i  have   consulted   my  new  employer  HR  and  they   always   tell  me   it  process  and   I  wait   .  I  need  money  as  I  in  finance  trouble  .

Hope  to  hear  from  you  soon  

I  would  need   your advise as  my  salary  is   RM  2350 and  300 petrol   allowance  thus  i  protect  under  Employment   Act  . Can  make   get  advise or complaint  to Labour  office    because   my new  employer  delaying  my buy  out  thus   my  old  employer  is   holding  my  last salary .

Please  advise 

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 29 Feb 2016 05:55:37 PM

Yes, you can go and get advice from the local Labour Department.

This topic is closed