RegisterLog In

Domestic Inquiry

aqliah
Fri, 19 Feb 2016 10:22:18 AM  (Last updated: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 12:19:24 PM)

hi,

i am the person who need to in charge about the DI process. means i have to be a prosecuting officer. since this is my first time doing this and this is the first time in our company do the DI, can someone help me what action need to be taken for me about the DI. FYI, the DI is about stealing Diesel and sell to other people. we caught by using GPS system. i already issued the staff the show cause and suspension letter. after that, he reply the letter and he admitted and mentioned to pay back using his salary (deduction from salary). Our management still want to terminate him as they disappointed with him. since he admit the charge, 

1. do i still need to get the witness (for his side and company side) for the DI

2. do we need to pay him after the DI process?

appreciate if someone can help me on this thing.

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 19 Feb 2016 12:19:24 PM

If you proceed to dismiss him without DI, the company is very likely to lose the case should the case go to the Industrial Court. You seem to need more info about DI and its procedures. I would suggest you either approach the Labour Department or the Industrial Relations Department and get some details about the proper procedures to follow.

This topic is closed