RegisterLog In

No employer's confirmation until the end of the contract date

SisNoer
Tue, 15 Dec 2015 01:13:44 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 01:47:26 PM)

Hi,

I need explanation regarding the End of Employment Contract,

I am a Contract Employee and my contract will end in 12 Jan 2016, the contract stated that it will be 3 months notice from both end to terminate the contract/resignation. However, I have been asking the HR to give me confirmation since October 2015, and nothing happened, I also asked my superior in the end of November, reminding him that it is 3 months notice and he keeps delaying without confirmation of terminating my contract nor extending my contract. I feel this is so unfair as I cant plan my own plan and the HR doesnt care. 

Can you tell me what is my right and how can I demand fairness from my current employer?

Thanks. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 15 Dec 2015 01:47:26 PM

If there is no reply whether renewed or otherwise, that means the contract end on 12 Jan.

Section 11 of the Employment Act refers:

"11. (1) A contract of service for a specified period of time or for the performance of a specified piece of work shall, unless otherwise terminated in accordance with this Part, terminate when the period of time for which such contract was made has expired or when the piece of work specified in such contract has been completed.

This topic is closed