RegisterLog In

Human Resource employment

Balrosh
Sun, 13 Dec 2015 04:54:06 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 12:06:24 PM)

Hi KL Siew,

I understand a Human resources benefits us as  they protect our rights, ensuring that employers operate within the scope of employment and labor law. 
That being said my question is for the following:
Is it okay for a company to operate WITHOUT a HR in the company on the grounds that "the company is small, so no need hr" ? Is that a reasonable reason?
As i feel as an employee my interest is not being safeguard and that our boss may change our job description without informing us directly and with no agreement.

We also have a colleague who is occasionally instructed to follow the instruction of the CEO's wife (not an employee), is that permitted by such law?

Appreciate your kind clarification :)

Regards,

Ray

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 14 Dec 2015 09:34:17 AM

It may not be entirely true that HR protects the rights of the employees. Actually HR responsibilities include preparation of employees' payroll, their benefits, hiring of employees, firing of employees, maintaining discipline and so on. When the company is smally, the entire responsibilities may rest on the shoulder of the proprietor alone. As the company grows, HR executive or manager, CEO or whatever may be the one to carry out those duties. 

Balrosh
Mon, 14 Dec 2015 11:34:10 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Mon, 14 Dec 2015 09:34:17 AM

It may not be entirely true that HR protects the rights of the employees. Actually HR responsibilities include preparation of employees' payroll, their benefits, hiring of employees, firing of employees, maintaining discipline and so on. When the company is smally, the entire responsibilities may rest on the shoulder of the proprietor alone. As the company grows, HR executive or manager, CEO or whatever may be the one to carry out those duties. 

Hi KL Siew,

Thanks for the reply, what about the part about my colleague

We also have a colleague who is occasionally instructed to follow the instruction of the CEO's wife (not an employee), is that permitted by such law?

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 14 Dec 2015 12:06:24 PM

There is nothing much your colleague can do about that part if he still wants the job. Some even have to follow the wives to do marketing, send children to school and so on. The next best thing he can do is to start looking for another job.

This topic is closed