RegisterLog In

Termination Probation

yuen
Sat, 14 Nov 2015 06:30:28 AM  (Last updated: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 11:13:04 PM)

Hi,

I was being told HR that they  would want to end my probation because of my performance not meeting to their need.

As I am new to workforce, I have blankly signed all the letter they passed to me without knowing I can appeal. (Since my bad performance is reviewed by my boss and my boss doesn't very like because I am close with a senior staff who is not liked by him)

First, the only warning given to me is a week before my termination, forced me to sign a warning letter and brief discussion with my manager mentioning my performance is unsatisfactory and they will extend my probation in lieu with the warning letter. (At that time, I do not know I can appeal for the warning letter and denied to sign it) The problems brought it up is something vague as it cannot only confirm by my manager word.

HR only try to discuss with me about my work performance a day before the warning letter issued. Asking me queries they have over my performance reviewed on August by my manager which mentioned I don't have intention to stay longer, dont seem interest in learning and no audit trail and telling me they will give me two weeks to monitor. The conversation also touched a bit of privacy of mine which I feel being violated and no interest to open further discussion since I felt that my boss is speaking ill of me such as asking me where and whom do I eat lunch with and whether I hangout with my colleagues. (I do tell them I do go to eat with them sometimes as the food choice they have is beyond my expense and my salary cannot support this kind of spending, and my job duties is not that sensitive that prohibits me to eat with others and not mentioned in the contract).

HR do pay for termination of service advance but I felt I was being manipulated to sign the warning letter as I am thinking signing the letter means I have a chance to stay during the probation but apparently it is not If I do know they have their last decision to terminate me, I would not have signed the warning letter and make my next job search harder. I just want the HR to remove the warning letter I have signed and instead of they ended my service, I am the one resigned. 

yuen
Sat, 14 Nov 2015 06:39:24 AM

Besides that, I have been working beyond the working hours without doing any OT claims after the first and only performance review with my manager. 

The manager mentioned I have been returned too early but in my defense I have finished the work assigned to me and he have picked the problems by mentioning I should ask around my senior for more job, and we know the reality is most of the senior are too busy to really teach the stuff they have for me to do but I will do the task given if being asked to.

Lack of employment interest, I do joke around in the company that I have a lot of route to run by having various countries working permit, and I do share some thoughts that I will interest to go back for master degree if the work does not satisfy, can this be a valid reason to use to be bad performance also? Similar to no audit trail, I do not doing anything involved sensitive information which required me to keep details and I have been trying do what he want without any senior guiding to try to keep a copy. It might not be similar with how the norm is doing but it is still fairly easy to monitor. I have read through the post u have wrote that mentioned employers need to provide adequate training to excel in the job. I have never received any official training about how to store the data, manager just mentioned other senior felt hard to search for my folder, which my senior never brought up with me before or after any review. I do admit my work is very brief as I love to keep thing simple and most will get the idea to continue with the work. The only problem is the day I did not save a pdf files into the share folder as I was being told the dead line is after my leave. However, I do give my senior password to enter into my computer to access the folder but they have keyed in wrong password and delay the work. 

Sorry it is a long post. But I felt like I have been manipulated to sign all letter and now left me with problems for my next job hunt.

SuharinKL
Contributor
Sat, 14 Nov 2015 11:13:04 PM
Originally posted by yuen on Sat, 14 Nov 2015 06:39:24 AM

Besides that, I have been working beyond the working hours without doing any OT claims after the first and only performance review with my manager. 

The manager mentioned I have been returned too early but in my defense I have finished the work assigned to me and he have picked the problems by mentioning I should ask around my senior for more job, and we know the reality is most of the senior are too busy to really teach the stuff they have for me to do but I will do the task given if being asked to.

Lack of employment interest, I do joke around in the company that I have a lot of route to run by having various countries working permit, and I do share some thoughts that I will interest to go back for master degree if the work does not satisfy, can this be a valid reason to use to be bad performance also? Similar to no audit trail, I do not doing anything involved sensitive information which required me to keep details and I have been trying do what he want without any senior guiding to try to keep a copy. It might not be similar with how the norm is doing but it is still fairly easy to monitor. I have read through the post u have wrote that mentioned employers need to provide adequate training to excel in the job. I have never received any official training about how to store the data, manager just mentioned other senior felt hard to search for my folder, which my senior never brought up with me before or after any review. I do admit my work is very brief as I love to keep thing simple and most will get the idea to continue with the work. The only problem is the day I did not save a pdf files into the share folder as I was being told the dead line is after my leave. However, I do give my senior password to enter into my computer to access the folder but they have keyed in wrong password and delay the work. 

Sorry it is a long post. But I felt like I have been manipulated to sign all letter and now left me with problems for my next job hunt.

Hye there,

If you are not satisfied with the termination, you may always file a complaint at the Industrial Relation Department (Jabatan Perhubungan Perusahaan) under section 20 of Industrial Relation Act, for unfair dismissal.

Thereafter, your case may be referred to Industrial Court where the Company may have to justify their reason (with documented evidence) for your termination.

Failing which, the Court may direct the Company to pay you compensation max of 12 months of your last drawn salary.

Regards,

suharinsulaiman@gmail.com

This topic is closed