RegisterLog In

Retrenchment Benefits - Less than 8 months worker

KH Wong
Thu, 12 Nov 2015 11:45:03 AM  (Last updated: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 08:13:24 AM)

Hi, Wong here. I was informed by my manager that the management has decided to retrench new workers due to company terminate some operation/department and I was one of them. I joined the company at 13th April 2015, and up to current date, I've served about 7 months plus with the company as a Sales Exercutive.

Question 1: My basis is RM2700 with allowance sum up to RM2900. For my wages, is it calculated as RM2700 or RM2900?

​Question 2: Previously, my GM verbally talked to me and said company will compensate for the retrenchment, but currently, my manager approach me and said company wants to me submit a resign letter, which means I willingly resign from the company. What can I or what should I do upon this state?

Question 3: Since I work less than a year, am I entitle for retrenchment benefits? If I do, how does the calculation be?

Hope you could provide me some advice urgently. My last day of service informed is on the 30th Novemeber. Need help urgently. 


KL Siew
Thu, 12 Nov 2015 03:13:28 PM

1. If summed to 2900, then it is 2900 isn't it?

2. Whatever you boss says, just don't resign on your own. Let them retrench you if they want. If you resign on your own, you may lose your rights to complain.

3. See how much they are willing to compensate you for retrenching you.

KH Wong
Thu, 12 Nov 2015 03:17:24 PM

That you so much Siew! I will hold on to my letter and talk to my GM for the compensation.

KH Wong
Fri, 20 Nov 2015 02:03:50 PM

Hi to anyone who able to give me advice. 

My company finally gave me a letter of termination on good terms. 

My company also decided not to compensate since I worked less than 2 years time. 

Is there any advice I should take for this matter? I dun mind accepting the termination, but without compensation it would be quite hard for me to accept.

Please advice anyone. TQ

KL Siew
Sun, 22 Nov 2015 08:13:24 AM

You can consult the Labour Department or the Industrial Relations Department. Go there personally.

  This topic is closed