RegisterLog In

Termination of Contract by Employer

Sat, 31 Oct 2015 10:43:38 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 08:32:15 AM)

Hi there,

I am a foreigner and working here in Malaysia for a company. My contract is for five years and I am a confirmed employee. My service record is excellent till now. However, I was accused of a crime outside company premises and after working hours. My employer suspended me until completion of domestic enquiry and police investigation. I have been suspended for almost three months and Police has recently classified the case as NFA (no further action). My employer used "the act that has tarnished the image of the company" to suspend me. However, employer did not arrange any enquiry till now. I heard that my employer still wants to terminate my contract and probably wants to offer some settlement. I was just wondering that what if I refuse to accept the settlement and want to continue my job, can still employer terminate my contract? Does employer have the right to suspend me with full for more than three months, while they did not even bother to arrange any internal investigation?

I will be thankful for your advise,

Best Regards,


KL Siew
Mon, 02 Nov 2015 08:32:15 AM

You only heard that there could be an offer. You can wait and see whether is one really coming. After that you may then decide whether to accept or not.

Secondly, try to consult a lawyer see whether you can sue since you have signed such a 5 year long contract.

  This topic is closed