RegisterLog In

Probation period overdue

kiddo1704
Thu, 29 Oct 2015 10:50:23 AM  (Last updated: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 11:31:48 AM)

Dear Admin,

Would like to seek for your advise. When an employee have gone through the probation period (6 months) and now it is 8 months already, the manager want to proceed for confirmation but HR department hold it due to HR department have issue on previous mc and emergency leave taken by the employee. My question will be:

1) Do HR department have the right to hold employee's confirmation?

2) Confirmation shall be on job performance and attitude of an employee. If manager is satisfied with the performance, did HR department have the right to extend probation period or terminate employee with the reason because not satisfy and mc and emergency leave taken? Is that reason valid?

Thanks.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 29 Oct 2015 04:44:43 PM

Don't worry so much about your confirmation. You just carry on working to the best of ability. But you should make sure to maintain good attendance and try to refrain from taking so-called emergency leave.

kiddo1704
Thu, 12 Nov 2015 11:31:47 AM

Dear Siew,

Thanks for the advise given, but I just received news from my friend. Her company decide to extend her probation to another reason with reason : did not reach requirement. But she told me that when she was doing the appraisal with manager, her manager verbally told there will be no issue to confirm but HR disagree with the confirmation.

Did company obligate to extend the confirmation due to previous MC and EL's record? As for my understanding, probation period is based on attitude and performance in work. And company have fail to inform the extend probation period on time? and dragging till now she already near to 8 months, have not even receive any proper letter for informing her.

So any advise can be given to my friend to secure her right as employee? 

Thanks.

This topic is closed