RegisterLog In

Self-Sponsored Training, But have Training Bond with Company

lee19
Tue, 15 Sep 2015 02:15:30 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 06:18:35 PM)

Hi All,

Would like your advise on the following matter. We were given the opportunity to join this company's training program, but was told to finance our training course by ourselves. The conditional offer letter was that we were to complete the training program successfully before given employment to this company. Once training completed, a permanent position is given but yet we are bonded for joining this training program which was initiated by this company. What are our obligations to this Training Bond, when we self sponsored our training in the first place? Many thanks in advance for your advise.

-lee19

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 15 Sep 2015 04:20:40 PM

I think before you decide whether to accept the deal or not, you can always have more detailed discussion with the company to find out more about your prospect when joining the company like the position, salary, bond period, benefits, details of the training programme etc etc. Get a copy of their offer. Size up the company whether it is good one or only so so. Then you may be able to decide.

Hwa Jurong
Wed, 16 Sep 2015 05:19:01 PM

I am Hwa Jurong, a Private Money Lender do you need a loan to start up business or to pay your bills and a corporate financial for real estate and any kinds of business financing. I also offer Loans to individuals,Firms and corporate bodies at 2% interest rate. I give out loan to serious minded people that are interested of loan if interested contact this email: hwajurong382@yahoo.com or hwajurong12@gmail.com

lee19
Wed, 16 Sep 2015 06:35:45 PM
Hi KL Siew, thanks for the advise. But the bond has been signed quite some time back and am now moving on to another company. So basically, I am wondering if this bond is worth challenging for since we had to take a loan from a bank, arranged by the company, to fund this training program. We were pretty much cornered to sign the bond contract there and then as it was for a career in the aviation industry, and not many of us could afford then to pay privately for flying school for an unsecured job compard to what's being offered in this conditional employment.
KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 16 Sep 2015 06:53:06 PM

If you have not taken up the loan arranged by the company, for me, I would not want to have anything more to do with the company, come what may. Personally, I have great doubt about the company.

lee19
Thu, 17 Sep 2015 06:18:35 PM
Thanks for all the advise. I think I know what to do to appeal for the bond repayment now. Thanks again.

This topic is closed