(1) We have few temporary employment staffs. The temporary employment contact will be last for 2 months and we have clearly indicated start and end period in the contract. We also provide the notice of termination ie one week of notification given by either party. Is this consider as fixed term contract?
(2) The temporary employment contract will be renewed after end of early contract, upon both party agreed. An extension of temporary employment letter will be issued to extend their contract period for another 2 months and this renewal can be continuous for a year . Is this the correct way to issue an extension letter for a year? OR better way to issue a new temporary employment contact to state another 2 months instead of a letter to extend their employment period?
(3) Those temporary employee are pay RM 35 daily, they received their wages twice in a month. Can we pay them 2 times in or month or daily?
(4) We pay them according to their attendance record meaning that if they are absence and we do not pay. Or shall we follow 26 days as those full time employees?
(5) Can we deduct their lateness hours in their payroll?
1. Such a contract by whatever name, is perfectly OK but of course there will be EPF and SOCSO.
2. Either way will do.
3. It is OK to pay twice a month.
4. Yes, no work no pay.
5. Give warning for coming late for work and no salary for the time of lateness.