RegisterLog In

annual leave problem in hair dressing job

danniek0ng
Tue, 18 Aug 2015 10:23:52 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 08:29:57 AM)

i work in this salon for around 6 yrs already..epf socso deducted every month...but i dun have any confirmation letter, or offer letter from company since i start..coz in our hair dressing industry, usually we dont having such letter like those big company or office work.. 

so the problem now is, i give my resignation letter today 18/8/2015.. giving a notice of 1 month until 18/9/2015.. but my boss telling that i did not finish the "years" until 31/12/2015..so they cancel my annual leave for this yrs, so the unpaid leave i have already apply b4 this, i need to pay back to them..cause i dint have any annual leave for this yrs since i did not complete the 1 full year that told by them..

someone can give advise of this situation? they got right to do this? btw my basic salary is 1800, annual leave is 7 days p.a.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 19 Aug 2015 08:29:57 AM

As for annual leave, you should be entitled prorated leave up to date of your resignation but not up to end of the year.

By law, for 6 years of service, annual leave entitlement is 16 days, not 7 days.

I think both you and your boss can consult the local Labour Department to find out the actual position about leave entitlement so that there will be no misunderstanding.

This topic is closed