RegisterLog In

Guidance on Temporary Disablement Claim

LEE
Thu, 13 Aug 2015 12:36:44 PM  (Last updated: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 03:06:09 PM)

Dear all,

Company is helping staff to claim SOCSO under Temporary Disablement, and knowing that the "unfit period" shall not affect the staff's Sick Leave and Hospitalisation Leave, and be recorded as SOCSO Leave instead.

However, i would like to find out if staff received his monthly salary payment during his "unfit period", what is the correct way in treating his Temporary Disablement claims paid by SOCSO?

I have called SOCSO on this and they unable to give me a confirm answer. Can anyone give some guidance on this? Many Thanks.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 13 Aug 2015 02:12:09 PM

If the accident happened during working hour, the case is purely a SOCSO case and the worker may not be able to enjoy the sick leave benefits under the EA.

LEE
Fri, 14 Aug 2015 09:46:20 AM

Dear SIew,

Thanks for your keen reply.

The accident was happened when he was on the way to work. Actually i would like to find out what does other company do on the payment from SOCSO.

Do they 1) pay staff monthly salary as usual and request staff to pay back full money received from SOCSO, and key all MC relate to the incident as SOCSO Leave

or 2) pay staff monthly salary as usual and request staff to pay back certain percentage of money received from SOCSO, and key all MC relate to the incident as SOCSO Leave

or 3) any other method.

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 14 Aug 2015 10:00:56 AM

Apart from the two methods mentioned by you, most of the companies stop paying wages to workers who are receiving benefits from SOCSO. They might give some advance of wages on compassionate grounds for the worker to tide over his financial difficulty during the period pending SOCSO payments.

This topic is closed