RegisterLog In

Medical Leave dueing notice period

bt123
Wed, 29 Jul 2015 07:03:46 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 09:25:20 AM)

Hi there.

I had tender my resign on last month (my termination notice period is one month time). On my last three days of notice period, I had taken 3 days medical leave due to serious diarrhea and liver medical checkup.  I had handover company assets and sent my medical leave from medical officer to my human resources department on the 1st day of my medical leave. But the company called the clinic and looked for the doctor who issued medical leave to me, they suspect on the reality of my medical leaves. Anyhow, Doctor has did the clarification to company that I have to rest for two days time and return to clinic for liver checkup.

In this case, can the company hold my salary? Can they hold my previous month outstation claim? Can I make a complaint to labour department if they hold my salary and my claim? What is the minimum period they have to pay my salary and claim?

Hope to get reply from anyone of you in this forum. Thanks in advanced

bt123
Wed, 29 Jul 2015 09:12:59 PM
Originally posted by bt123 on Thu, 30 Jul 2015 09:25:20 AM

Hi there.

I had tender my resign on last month (my termination notice period is one month time). On my last three days of notice period, I had taken 3 days medical leave due to serious diarrhea and liver medical checkup.  I had handover company assets and sent my medical leave from medical officer to my human resources department on the 1st day of my medical leave. But the company called the clinic and looked for the doctor who issued medical leave to me, they suspect on the reality of my medical leaves. Anyhow, Doctor has did the clarification to company that I have to rest for two days time and return to clinic for liver checkup.

In this case, can the company hold my salary? Can they hold my previous month outstation claim? Can I make a complaint to labour department if they hold my salary and my claim? What is the minimum period they have to pay my salary and claim?

Hope to get reply from anyone of you in this forum. Thanks in advanced

Additional information, I am still in my probation period.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 30 Jul 2015 09:08:03 AM

Yes you can make a claim for it at the Labour Department. You must know exactly how much the company owes you.

bt123
Thu, 30 Jul 2015 09:25:20 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Thu, 30 Jul 2015 09:08:03 AM

Yes you can make a claim for it at the Labour Department. You must know exactly how much the company owes you.

Thank you so much......:)

This topic is closed